Thinking about rowing in college? Curious about what the typical day of a collegiate athlete is like? The University of Wisconsin Men’s Rowing Camp is a six-day introduction to competitive collegiate rowing. Athletes of all levels are encouraged to attend - from those who have never rowed before to those with extensive high school experience. With a low camper to staff ratio, individual attention is provided so that practices and instruction can be tailored to meet the distinct needs of each camper.
A typical day will consist of 2-3 workouts, which include a mix of on the water training on Lake Mendota, technical sessions in our moving water rowing tank, an introduction on how to more effectively approach erg testing, core and strength instruction, and cross training. In addition to skilling and drilling, campers will have the opportunity to race in 8s, 4s, pairs, and singles, with the goal of maximizing boat speed and conditioning. Planned outings are scheduled to explore UW-Madison’s beautiful campus, including activities at Camp Randall Stadium, Memorial Union, and State Street.
- Open to any and all entrants in grades 9 to Jr. College
- $750 per camper
- $50 off registration if you are a returning Boys Rowing Camper
- $50 off if you register with a group of 4 or more from the same high school or club
- $105 off if you attended the Learn to Row Camp June 21-22
- *Discounts may not be combined*
- Check-in: Monday, July 22 from 2:30 - 3:00 pm at Porter Boathouse
- Check-out: Saturday, July 27 from 12:00 - 1:00 pm at Porter Boathouse
- Campers will be housed in Slichter Hall
- Meals will be enjoyed at Four Lakes Market
- Campers that are in need of ground transportation from the Madison area may contact Lowell McNicholas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE ON JULY 19TH OR WHEN MAXIMUM CAPACITY HAS BEEN REACHED!
Please click the “Register Now” button to complete registration at our secure third-party registration site.
Cancellations made at least 7 days prior to the start date of the camp session will pay and administrative fee of $50. Cancellations after that time will only be refunded for medical reasons when accompanied by a signed letter from a physician. Refunds must be requested via email: email@example.com.REGISTER NOW